Gary King wrote about the potential use of Google Glass in Education. He proposes that it could be used for:
- Collaboration-recording conversations amongst two students
- Video recording-see the world through the eyes of one person
- Translator- quickly access the translation of a word in a Foreign Language class. However, as a Foreign Language Teacher myself, I find that this may be a problem. I don't always allow students to use a dictionary in class, because I want them to think and use the vocabulary they know.
- Research- find information for an assignment or project. However, I wonder how user friendly it will be to search and use information or if it will be the equivalent of using a tablet for just a quick search.
- Maps-talking about a given country in class, you can easily access the appropriate map or even with Google Street View, easily show what the location looks like.
Do you think Google Glass has potential for Education? What would you do with it?