Sunday, April 27, 2014

Google add-ons- Lucid Chart

 
I recently discovered Google add-ons. My 7th and 8th grade students only have Chromebooks, so I was looking for a way to allow them to create mind maps without having to purchase a subscription to an online mind map site like Mindmeister. I was thrilled to have discovered Google add-ons. It allows you to add additional software programs to your Google Docs account.

 In the example above, students were asked to create a mind map using the Lucid Chart. We are currently covering family members in my Spanish class, so adjacent bubbles needed to describe the family member in Spanish.


You first open a document and select Add-ons, followed by Get add-ons.


You then select the add-on that you want. In my case, I used Lucid chart, but I am looking forward to trying all the other add-ons out.
 
Students are then able to create new documents using the features of the specific program. It opens another window and it saves your work as you go.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment