Should YouTube be blocked at schools?
- In this day and age, we know the value of videos in education. Not only are they valuable as an instructional tool, it also provides students a medium in which to share thoughts and ideas with the world.
- Some sites like Khan Academy provide integrated YouTube videos that are not accessible to students if blocked.
- An option might be to provide YouTube access to students, but putting keywords as filters.
- In the real world we can filter everything. We need to teach students the tools to discern between appropriate and inappropriate content.
- You can’t flip a lesson if your students can’t view the videos.
Do you have YouTube unblocked at your school? Share your thoughts with me here or on Twitter @bsweet321 .