Tweeting today has become a good way for teachers to connect with other teachers, share ideas, learn new tricks, and question our own practices.
A few things to consider while using Twitter as a Professional Learning Network (PLN):
- If a teacher, librarian, principal, assistant principal, follows you, follow them back.
- If a retired or pre-service teacher follows you, follow them back.
- Don’t limit yourself to just following educators in your subject area or grade level. I’ve taught every grade level PK-12 and college. From experience I can tell you that you can learn a new approach, a new idea from other subject areas and grade levels.
- Participate in Follow Friday #FF. Pick a group of educators that are new to twitter, need more followers, you know, you would like to know, you feel others would benefit from following, and mention them in a tweet.
- Compliments go a long way. Like what someone is doing on Twitter, say it!
- Participate in #pedagoofriday . Take a photo of an activity that worked well for you and share it.