Friday, August 7, 2015

Turn your chromebook into a QR code scanner

I love using QR codes in class, but not all my students have a smartphone or a data plan that they can use. I also don’t have tablets that I can give them. Since all my students have a chromebook, with ScanQR from the Chrome Web Store, the students can scan a QR code with the built in camera on their chromebook. Works just like a phone app would.

  1. Download ScanQR to the chromebook.
  2. Open the app. You will find an icon for it with the other apps on your device, usually on the bottom left corner of the screen. Sometimes you will need to click the magnifying glass icon on the screen to find your apps.
  3. Put the QR code in front of the camera and you will see on the screen the red outline frame of where to place it.
  4. Line up the QR code and it will take you to the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment