- Amoeba Sisters- https://www.youtube.com/user/AmoebaSisters YouTube videos on life science concepts- done with humor!
- STEM- http://concord.org/stem-resources/grade-level/high-school STEM resources for high school students
- BBC News-http://www.bbc.com/news/science_and_environment Current Science news.
- Science Behind Hollywood- http://education.ti.com/en/us/stem-hollywood gets students excited about science through movies
- PBS Science- http://www.pbs.org/topics/science-nature/ lessons, videos, activities on many topics
- PhET- http://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulations/category/new simulations on a variety of Science topics
- Science Daily- http://www.sciencedaily.com/ Science news
- General Chemistry Online- http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/index.shtml tutorials, simulations, compound library
- Learn Chemistry- http://www.rsc.org/learn-chemistry connects chemistry to other fields
- ChemEd- http://www.chemeddl.org/ 3D simulaitons, periodic table, tutorials
- ChemCollective- http://www.chemcollective.org/ virtual labs, scenario based activities, tutorials
- Chemistry Notes- http://www.chemistrylecturenotes.com/index.html chemistry lecture notes
- Chem Game Tutor- http://www.chemgametutor.com/ chemistry game that requires balancing equations, moles, acid and bases, equilibrium,etc
- Physics World- http://physicsworld.com/ news that involve physics
- The Physics Classroom- http://www.physicsclassroom.com/ detailed lessons and practice tests
- Cells Alive- http://www.cellsalive.com/index.htm animations, quizzes, worksheets
- Scitable- http://www.nature.com/scitable online library with a variety of biology topics
- Biology in Motion- http://biologyinmotion.com/ animated cartoons that explain biology engaging
- MolView- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/molview/nogcacamdkipgkfpfiakaoamdnihinnm Create 2D and 3D moleculues
- Mr. Parr- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G1dhkRJ3ak&list=PLqTEqBBPoqwVTbS_6i2lsAmWTaW9312Fl Pop songs turned into Science Songs
- Listen Current- https://listencurrent.com/lessons/science Free resource that allows students to listen to a variety of Science topics. It has built in questions and assessments.
Sunday, November 22, 2015
22 Resources for Teaching Science with Chromebooks
This game is a connect four game using the Spanish past tense of preterite and imperfect. The game includes irregular verbs and some stem c...
Pokemon Go is the newest edition of the Pokemon phenomena. Instead of being played on a Nintendo DS, it’s a Android or iPhone app. Apple ...
Amazon has come up with a great new concept, a STEM monthly toy subscription. It's $19.99 a month and it is divided into age ra...