- Amoeba Sisters- https://www.youtube.com/user/AmoebaSisters YouTube videos on life science concepts- done with humor!
- STEM- http://concord.org/stem-resources/grade-level/high-school STEM resources for high school students
- BBC News-http://www.bbc.com/news/science_and_environment Current Science news.
- Science Behind Hollywood- http://education.ti.com/en/us/stem-hollywood gets students excited about science through movies
- PBS Science- http://www.pbs.org/topics/science-nature/ lessons, videos, activities on many topics
- PhET- http://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulations/category/new simulations on a variety of Science topics
- Science Daily- http://www.sciencedaily.com/ Science news
- General Chemistry Online- http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/index.shtml tutorials, simulations, compound library
- Learn Chemistry- http://www.rsc.org/learn-chemistry connects chemistry to other fields
- ChemEd- http://www.chemeddl.org/ 3D simulaitons, periodic table, tutorials
- ChemCollective- http://www.chemcollective.org/ virtual labs, scenario based activities, tutorials
- Chemistry Notes- http://www.chemistrylecturenotes.com/index.html chemistry lecture notes
- Chem Game Tutor- http://www.chemgametutor.com/ chemistry game that requires balancing equations, moles, acid and bases, equilibrium,etc
- Physics World- http://physicsworld.com/ news that involve physics
- The Physics Classroom- http://www.physicsclassroom.com/ detailed lessons and practice tests
- Cells Alive- http://www.cellsalive.com/index.htm animations, quizzes, worksheets
- Scitable- http://www.nature.com/scitable online library with a variety of biology topics
- Biology in Motion- http://biologyinmotion.com/ animated cartoons that explain biology engaging
- MolView- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/molview/nogcacamdkipgkfpfiakaoamdnihinnm Create 2D and 3D moleculues
- Mr. Parr- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G1dhkRJ3ak&list=PLqTEqBBPoqwVTbS_6i2lsAmWTaW9312Fl Pop songs turned into Science Songs
- Listen Current- https://listencurrent.com/lessons/science Free resource that allows students to listen to a variety of Science topics. It has built in questions and assessments.
Sunday, November 22, 2015
22 Resources for Teaching Science with Chromebooks
This game is a connect four game using the Spanish past tense of preterite and imperfect. The game includes irregular verbs and some stem c...
Amazon has come up with a great new concept, a STEM monthly toy subscription. It's $19.99 a month and it is divided into age ra...
Quiver is an augmented reality app available for iOS and Android devices. Quiver has developed a series of coloring pages that with the help...