The PowToon Presentations Edu App is available in the Chrome Web Store. Students can easily sign in using the Google Plus single sign-on.
- I had students watch this YouTube video first on how to make a PowToon https://youtu.be/uxUJs7nHBmE.
- I gave students time to play with the different features of PowToon and become comfortable with it before assigning them work with it.
- Then I told them to create a PowToon using 7 of the vocabulary words we were currently learning.
- I let students pick the background, accessories, number of slides, etc. that they wanted and needed. Many of them asked, “how long does it need to be?”, and I would answer, “as long as you need it to be”.
- Adding voiceover and music was optional, but encouraged.
- When done, students clicked on save, then share. They copied the url address of their PowToon and submitted it through Google Classroom.