According to Futuresource Consulting 51% of the devices being used in the K-12 classrooms in the U.S. are Chromebooks. In Canada it’s 41%.
What does this mean for educators?
- Teachers should become familiar with the Google Ecosystem. Schools that are not using Chromebooks are still using Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Google Classroom.
- Become familiar with uploading, using, and sharing documents that are saved in the Cloud.
- Become familiar with what Chromebooks have to offer: quick wake up time, easily shareable among student accounts, free access to a variety of educational tools, personalized learning experience, etc.
- Become familiar with the Chrome Web Store.
- Know what an app, add-on, or extension is in a Chromebook and how to better use these to help your students gain a deeper understanding of your subject.