In a language class students need to be able to read, write, speak, and learn about culture. How you do that is often very flexible and up to the teacher.
- Students created a new Twitter account for my class. They each gave me they Twitter handle.
- Students changed the language settings of their Twitter account.
- Students were told to follow on Twitter the list of best language tweeters. This list includes news, humor, people, and language learning.
- The warm-up exercise will sometimes includes instructions for students to choose an article from one of the people they were assigned to follow. Read it and tweet a reaction or comment about the article. They use my class hashtag which is #sweetbp1
- Once they are done, we have a class discussion about what they read. I was impressed with the variety of articles they read. They were very interested and engaged in the activity. Some of them chose health articles, current news, celebrity gossip, etc.